“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
― C.S. Lewis
What did I discover about God when he shouted in my pain?
- Nothing, absolutely nothing can separate you from my love (Romans 8:31-39)
- Give me every single worry because I care for you (1 Peter 5:7)
- You can’t imagine what I have prepared for you because you love me (1 Corinthians 2:9)
- I will work this situation into something good (Romans 8:28)
- I will give you a hope despite this illness (Jeremiah 29:11)
- I am good and my faithful love endures forever (Psalm 136)
- Nothing is out of my sight, I see everything that you are going through (Hebrews 4:13)
- I am the Lord your God and I say don’t fear I am with you and will never ever leave you (Isaiah 41:13)
- I am the Lord who heals you (Exodus 15:26)
These are just a few of the things God shouted to me during my pain and the Almighty God shouts the very same thing to you in yours.
Stop and listen. Hear and take comfort. This is for you!
This is great Suz – I love it!!
LikeLiked by 1 person